CODA Hair hair extensions are made of 100% raw hair; our hair has NOT been chemically processed to achieve its color, nor has it been steamed processed to achieve its curl pattern.
In order to preserve and prolong the original quality of your extensions, we advise our clients to look after their extensions with extreme care. Your extensions will look better for longer if they are cared for properly. Protect your investment!
We recommend regular shampooing and deep conditioning every one to two weeks. To minimize shedding and tangling, tenderly comb or brush your beautiful extensions, starting from the bottom and gradually working your way up towards your roots.
- Before washing your hair, it is important to comb it thoroughly from the ends to the roots, using a seamless wide tooth comb, to detangle the hair. This prevents matting occurring during your shower and will ensure that your hair is easier to brush and maintain afterwards.
- Thoroughly wet your hair, and apply shampoo that has been diluted.
- Gently massage the shampoo into your scalp. Then work your way through the rest of your hair, stroking instead of scrubbing the shampoo into the mid lengths and ends to avoid tangling.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm, clean water.
Top tip: we would recommend that you use a good quality pH balanced shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair extensions.
Deep Conditioner Application:
- Conditioning your hair regularly is crucial for the life of your hair extensions. Condition your hair after each shampoo using a moisturizing deep conditioner.
- Apply the conditioner from the ends of the hair, working your way towards your roots.
- Gently comb the hair from the ends to roots after applying your deep conditioner of choice.
- Leave in the conditioner for a minimum of 15 minutes. Use moderate heat with the deep conditioner to help it penetrate the hair deeply.
- Rinse with cool water.
- Allow hair to air dry, or use a microfiber towel to dry the hair.
Recommended Deep Conditioners:
Leave-In Conditioner Application:
Add some finishing touches by applying a moderate amount of oil or hair serum before or after completely drying your tresses.
Recommended Oils and Serums:
Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Styling Treatment Oil
Whenever possible, allow your hair to air dry.If you must speed things up with a blow dryer, use the lowest heat setting.
We recommend using steam and/or ceramic styling tools. Remember to always use a heat protector when placing heat on your extensions. Don't want to use heat? We recommend the use of flexi rods in styling your hair.
- A leave-in conditioner is often a great way to keep your strands in top shape! Spray in your leave-in of choice, and work the product into the extensions working in a downward motion making sure to get to the ends.
- Braiding your hair at night can help maintain the natural waves or curls of you extensions.
- ‘Wrap’ your hair at night with a silk scarf or bonnet to protect your hair, and to keep moisture in your strands.